Presence of mice in garages may lead to various health problems. Hundreds of homeowners call pest control services annually to eliminate mice from their home and garage. Therefore, removing them from your house becomes inevitable.
Today, fortunately, eliminating mice has become pretty easy. Another humanist approach, however, is to trap and then release these mice in the wild.
Following are Some Tips With Which You Can Easily Deal With Household Mice:
1. Placing live mousetraps with an edible thing at strategic locations is probably the most tried and tested mouse control technique. One can set their trap near a wall using the lure’s end near an access point. Also, remember to check these traps daily so that you can release the caught mice away from your residence.
2. One can also take advantage of a good quality mouse repellent that is available nowadays. These powerful mouse repellents won’t only drive them away in the garage but will kill them also.
3. Pet owners and parents of small kids are always doubtful of such mouse repellents. In that case, you can make your own homely mixture which mice happen to despise. 1 tablespoon of hot pepper sauce, 1/4 cup laundry detergent and gallon water if sprayed around the garage will keep mice away.
4. Prevention against new infestations is extremely important. Therefore, if you see any holes in your garage’s walls or its door, fix them immediately using timber, caulk or a patching compound. Seal all sorts of holes since mice can come from small openings too.
5. Nowadays, one can also avail ultrasonic repellents for preventing mice infestation. They are an eco-friendly and extremely effective solution against the entrance of mice in garages. Such repellents produce a sound that is inaudible to humans, but is painful for mice. It prevents new infestations and drives away existing mice.
Mouse control seems like a daunting task on the front; however, one can get rid of them permanently if he/she follows the aforementioned tips religiously. Moreover, an individual must always stay extra careful with rat poisons and repellents in case you have small children and pets.